The 2nd CybersecAsia Awards honors Asia Pacific’s leaders in cybersecurity for the critical roles played and the huge advances and innovations made over the last two years.
With the onslaught of COVID-19 and the rise of the digital economy, users are accessing business applications, corporate networks and sensitive data ‘anytime, anywhere’.
The increasingly broader threat surface brought on by remote working, cloud computing and the explosive growth of data has been a major challenge for organizations across all industry sectors in Asia Pacific over the past two years.
This year’s CybersecAsia Readers’ Choice Awards saw 46 cybersecurity solution and service providers submitting 105 nominations in 18 main categories – and a special recognition Rising Star Awards category for newcomers to the Asia Pacific region. Our editors culled the list to 69 submissions from 43 nominated organizations, and these were put up online for readers’ votes for a month.
Each of the 457 qualified voters – only those from end-user organizations in the region – was allowed to give their nods to two vendors in each category, and the nominees with the highest vote count in each category emerged the winner.
And the winners are…
- BlackBerry and ExtraHop – Best in AI-Based Cybersecurity (joint winners)
- Synopsys – Best in Application Development Security
- VMware – Best in Cloud Security
- Hillstone Networks – Best in Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Bitglass – Best in Data Protection
- Nexusguard – Best in DDoS Defense
- Kaspersky – Best in Endpoint Detection and Response
- Thales – Best in Identity & Fraud Management
- Claroty – Best in IoT & Supply Chain Security
- Ivanti – Best in Mobile & Remote Security
- IronNet – Best in Network Monitoring & Observability
- BeyondTrust – Best in Privileged Access Management
- Fortinet – Best in Ransomware/Malware Defense
- LogRhythm – Best in Security Information & Event Management
- CyberArk – Best in Security-as-a-Service
- Exabeam – Best in User & Entity Behavior Analytics
- Sophos – Best in Threat Hunting
- Proofpoint – Best in Web & Email Security
- Athena Dynamics – Rising Star Award
- Callsign – Rising Star Award
- Green Rader – Rising Star Award
- TigerGraph – Rising Star Award
Check out https://www.cybersecasia.net/winners2 to find out which innovative solutions from these providers won, and why…
Looking back, looking ahead
Victor Ng, Editor-in-Chief of CybersecAsia, observed: “The 2021 CybersecAsia Readers’ Choice Awards marks another inflection point for the region, as government bodies, solution providers and end-user organizations collaborate to mitigate the risks brought about by increasingly sophisticated cyber-threats, financially motivated cybercriminals, state-sponsored bad actors, and intentional or unintentional internal threats.
“It’s our privilege and honor to organize this prestigious annual Awards programme, now in its second iteration, to showcase the innovations and technologies Asia Pacific’s cybersecurity leaders have developed to mitigate these threats.”
Thought leaders from among some of the Award winners will join Ng in a first-of-its-kind virtual fireside chat on 1st December 2021 for a look back at the key cybersecurity incidents and developments in the past year, as well as share their predictions about the cyber-threat landscape as we usher in 2022 and provide some perspectives on how organizations in the region should prepare themselves to mitigate the likely risks.