New study shows a significant increase in cyberattacks targeting cloud services as employees largely work from home.
Based on data from more than 30 million McAfee MVISION Cloud users worldwide between January and April 2020, this report reveals significant trends that include the rise of cloud-native threats, access from unmanaged devices, and an increase in the use of cloud services.
Report highlights include:
- External attacks on cloud accounts grew seven times
- Anomalous login attempts tripled from the start of the year
- Overall strategies organizations should leverage to maintain a strong security posture
- Cisco WebEx, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Slack saw an increase of up to 600 percent in usage, led by the education sector
- Overall enterprise use of cloud services increased by 50 percent, including from industries such as manufacturing and financial services that typically rely on legacy on-premises applications